From: Daniel Huckstep <voodoo.rage@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] testing SATA drives
Date: Sat, 05 Aug 2006 00:58:20
1 Rasmus Andersen wrote:
2 > On Fri, Aug 04, 2006 at 09:36:16AM -0400, Timothy A. Holmes wrote:
3 >
4 >> if it is a physical or electrical problem with the disks. The disks are
5 >> SATA drives 2x 250gb -- I am not sure how to proceed and I googling has
6 >> not been helpful -- it may be there, I just haven't found it.
9 > Use a livecd/knoppix thing and run badblocks(8) on them.
10 >
11 > Cheers,
12 > Rasmus
13 >
14 I vote for the Ultimate Boot CD. small download (i think) and it has
15 pretty much every hard drive tool on it, so you can rum the appropriate
16 manufacturer's tools and figure out if they are dead, and also low level
17 format the drives for a complete fresh start.
18
19 Daniel
20 --
21 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list