From: Neil Hodges <kenji.malist@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Help! Xorg broken!
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2006 03:31:44
1 Hello,
2
3 The error regarding the "/var/run/acpid.socket" means that you don't
4 have acpid installed, nor running. I don't know if the fault has
5 something to do with that.
6
7 It may be a good idea to emerge sys-power/acpid and add it to your
8 default runlevel: rc-update add acpid default
9
10 Also, add Option "UseEDID" "false" to your xorg.conf under the nVidia
11 Device section. It fixes a lot of issues.
12
13 - Neil