From: Kevin O'Gorman <kogorman@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] portage and library troubles with GL
Date: Sun, 02 Aug 2009 03:53:19
1 On Sat, Aug 1, 2009 at 6:06 PM, Kenneth Prugh<ken69267@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > On Sat, 1 Aug 2009 14:19:52 -0700
3 > "Kevin O'Gorman" <kogorman@×××××.com> wrote:
4 >
5 >> [...]
6 >
7 > Are the packages looking for a .la file? I had a problem on my system
8 > that it wanted a nonexistant opengl.la or something similar. I ended up
9 > fixing it by emerging dev-util/lafilefixer and running it
10 > over /usr/lib/.
11 >
12 > This is a wild guess though as you didn't post what the other programs
13 > were erroring out with, I could be completely off target with the .la
14 > file thing.
18 I have not seen anything about .la files. It has been a GL library
19 mostly, much like the sample I posted.
20 I'm going to remember that fixer, though. I've had that in the past.
21 I re-emerged mesa and I'm re-running revdep-rebuild right now just in
22 case. Well see...
23
24 ++ kevin
27 Kevin O'Gorman, PhD