From: michael@×××××××××××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Succinct compilation of system info...
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2005 22:06:44
1 This seems to have tremendous potential. Having all this information in
2 one standard form allows you to take snapshots of your system, and then
3 if things break you can compare snapshots before and after to possibly
4 get a hint of where to focus. This will be especially true when you add
5 the ability to list packages and software installed.
6
7 It could also be useful when trying to help solve a problem, especially
8 remotely.
9
10 Why not set this up as a sourceforge project?
11
12 M