From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] A couple projects on my laptop
Date: Tue, 09 May 2006 18:49:37
1 On Tue, 9 May 2006 11:36:42 -0400, Timothy A. Holmes wrote:
2
3 > when I go to shut down the laptop, the shutdown command will not work
4 > from my regular user, I have to su to be able to shutdown -- I use
5 > fluxbox, and I know this works properly in gnome/kde, I was just
6 > wondering if there was a way it could be made to work in fluxbox -- I
7 > don't mind opening a terminal and typing the command, I would, like to
8 > be able to avoid having to su though
9
10 sudo would seem the obvious solution. Add shutdown to /etc/sudoers for
11 your user, without a password, and use 'sudo shutdown...' to shutdown.
12 Use visudo to edit /etc/sudoers, don't edit it directly.
16 Neil Bothwick
17
18 Three kinds of people: those who can count and those who can't.