From: Tanstaafl <tanstaafl@×××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Cc: walt <w41ter@×××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] opendns.org
Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2012 13:31:19
1 On 2012-01-13 7:06 PM, walt <w41ter@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > I just heard about opendns.org for the first time today, but their
3 > website makes it seem that I'm the only person in the solar system
4 > who's not already on the bandwagon.
5 >
6 > Anyone know if they are as wonderful as they sound?
7
8 We've been using them for a very long time and had zero problems...
9
10 We don't use any of the blocking or fancy stuff though, and disabled the
11 redirects.
12
13 One caveat - do *not* use them on a mail server if you do RBL lookups on
14 any service that meters your usage (like zen.spamhaus.org), they block
15 access to their services from public DNS servers like opendns and google...