From: Guilherme Amadio <guilherme.amadio@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Once again baffled by portage
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2008 16:02:55
1 On Thu, Jan 17, 2008 at 03:28:24PM +0000, Grant Edwards wrote:
2 > Why won't portage let me install kompare?
3
4 > * kde-base/kdesdk
8 By what I understand, kdesdk already includes kompare, that is why it is
9 blocking it. If you don't have kompare already, there may be some bug in
10 an eclass or ebuild relating to one of these packages. I'm not a kde user,
11 but a quick look at the ebuild for kompare showed that the src is the same
12 as kdesdk.
13
14 As for where the blocks come from, I think it's directly from the dependencies
15 specified in the ebuilds.
16
17 Well, hope that helps.
18