From: Willie Wong <wwong@×××××××××.EDU>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Should we NEVER do an ``emerge -u world''?
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2006 16:56:34
1 On Wed, Sep 27, 2006 at 04:21:50PM +0200, Penguin Lover sdoma squawked:
2 > After the upgrade there is no device coming up if I plug in an USB
3 > device.
4 > I'm on a stable (x86) system and I would need my USB disks just now. Any
5 > way to fix this quick?
6
7 Which kernel are you running?
8
9 I had a similar problem a couple months ago (if I plug in a USB drive
10 the dmesg shows that something is detected but somehow the appropriate
11 entry does not get created in /dev), and it turns out that it was
12 because my kernel (2.6.10.something) was too old compare to the newer
13 udev. Upgrading to 2.6.15.something fixed the problem.
14
15 HTH,
16
17 W
18 --
19 "I teleported home one night
20 With Ron and Sid and Meg.
21 Ron stole Meggie's heart away
22 And I got Sidney's leg."
23
24 - A poem about matter transference beams.
25 Sortir en Pantoufles: up 33 days, 10:18
26 --
27 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list