From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Resizing physical volume for lvm.
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2009 09:31:31
1 On Mon, 23 Mar 2009 10:07:59 +0100, Momesso Andrea wrote:
2
3 > > Since you currently have plenty of free space, you don't have to take
4 > > the system out of service to do a backup. Create a new PV in sda4 and
5 > > run pvmove, then remove and recreate the PV on sda3 and pvmove the
6 > > data back. Then you can delete sda4 and enlarge sda3.
7
8 > Since, as Alan suggested, I enlarged sda3 with fdisk, how can I have
9 > back my old sda4 without risking to lose the data?
10
11 You only enlarged the partition, not the PV that lives on it. So you can
12 delete and recreate it at the original size,although I'd make it a
13 little larger than before, just to be certain it is never smaller.
17 Neil Bothwick
18
19 WindowError:01B Illegal error. Do NOT get this error.