From: "Florian Gamböck" <ml@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] netifrc, configure by SSID and MAC simultaneously?
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2017 13:04:26
1 On 2017-04-21 13:39, Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > I was referring to the situation where you use the DHCP server to give
3 > out pseudo-static addresses. I have always used addresses outside of,
4 > but in the same subnet as, the reserved range. The reserved range just
5 > tells the DHCP server which addresses to use in the absence of any
6 > other specifications.
7
8 I guess my router doesn't work this way. If I want to reserve an address
9 outside the DHCP range, then it says "Cannot reserve address outside of
10 DHCP range".
13 Kind regards
14
15 Flo