From: Francisco Ares <frares@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] [OT] Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU J1800 drivers
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2014 11:29:03
1 Hi,
2
3 I am trying to install Gentoo on a x64 system with such processor, that, as
4 far as I could understand, is like to have the chipset embedded, so the
5 buses to video, pci express, usb, etc, comes out of the processor chip.
6
7 The kernel from the 3.10 series were not able to correctly handle this
8 processor, at least the video driver (not sure about the rest), but the new
9 stable one, "gento-sources-3.12.21-r1" is OK, now I have the framebuffer
10 splash.
11
12 But no X11 for now. I have added "~amd64" keywords to
13 "x11-drivers/xf86-video-intel", but, for now, only a black screen, with no
14 clue on the log file "/var/log/Xorg.0.log" (which is the latest).
15
16 On "/etc/portage/make.conf", I have the line:
17
18 VIDEO_CARDS="intel i915 i965 modesetting"
19
20 Did I miss something?
21
22 Thanks.