From: BRM <bm_witness@×××××.com>
To: Users Gentoo <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] KDE 4.1...
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2008 15:39:18
1 I have been trying to hold out for KDE 4.1 entering the main gentoo portage tree, and some kind of announcement on the list; however, I haven't seen any and it's been a while since KDE 4.1 was released...(longer I think than it took for KDE 4.0.1 to get into the main portage tree.)
2
3 I am not one for wanting to try doing the overlay's yet, so I have been waiting for it to enter the main portage. I haven't even seen it in as a hard mask yet.
4 So, I just wanted to check to see if there was any known timeline for when KDE 4.1 might enter the main portage tree, when might it go to the testing branch?
5
6 I'd very much like to try it out when it gets to testing; and just wanted to get an idea of how long I might still need to wait. (As I said, I'm not quite up to using the overlay trees yet, of which I've seen a lot of activity regarding KDE 4.1 per the user's and AMD64 lists.)
7
8 Any how...just curious when it will come.
9
10 Thanks,
11
12 Ben