From: Alan McKinnon <alan@××××××××××××××××.za>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] create an installable custom distro with gentoo?
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2007 09:51:41
1 On Tuesday 17 April 2007, Wayne Oliver wrote:
2 > > Going slightly OT here, but does anyone know which ebuilds are the
3 > > big ones using lots of space in /var/tmp when compiling? Apart from
4 > > OOo that is :-)
5 > >
6 > > alan
7 >
8 > Just guessing now I would add QT and Mozilla.
9
10 I ask because I need to rezise my /var to minimize wasted space. I know
11 for sure I have remerged QT and mozilla (with USE= -gnome) recently
12 without problems with just over 1G free. I hate having 5G lying there
13 doing nothing until I remerge OOo :-)
14
15 So I'm considering keeping about 1G free for /var/tmp and switching to
16 openoffice-bin
17
18 alan
22 Optimists say the glass is half full,
23 Pessimists say the glass is half empty,
24 Developers say wtf is the glass twice as big as it needs to be?
25
26 Alan McKinnon
27 alan at linuxholdings dot co dot za
28 +27 82, double three seven, one nine three five
29 --
30 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list