From: Valmor de Almeida <val.gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [CLOSED] Re: [gentoo-user] inaccessible virtual machine
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2011 16:11:01
1 On 03/29/2011 09:16 AM, Valmor de Almeida wrote:
2 > On 03/29/2011 09:07 AM, Mark Knecht wrote:
3 >> On Mon, Mar 28, 2011 at 9:51 PM, Valmor de Almeida <val.gentoo@×××××.com> wrote:
4 [snip]
5 >>
6 >> A couple of questions:
7 >>
8 >> 1) Is the machine on a RAID partition or some other form of storage
9 >> which, for whatever reason, isn't mounted? I have that problem now and
10 >> again on my compute server. The Linux kernel guys haven't made my
11 >> drive D & E disk interfaces 100% reliable as of yet so in my case I
12 >> might have to reboot once or twice to get the drives recognized.
13 >>
14 >> 2) What kernel are you using. I saw a few messages this week on
15 >> Virtualbox problems when running the 2.6.38 series kernel. I'm running
16 >> 2.6.38 and haven't seen them myself though.
17 >>
18 >> Good luck,
19 >> Mark
20 >
21 > I am running VB on a gentoo laptop; everything is mounted. I have not
22 > had any problems for a long time. I sync'ed portage a couple of weeks
23 > ago and the VB worked with my virtual win7 machine without problems.
24 >
25 > I am using 2.6.36-gentoo-r5. I have been searching the web and the VB
26 > forum pages but no luck yet. In the meantime I re-emerged VB without the
27 > pulseaudio USE flag and copied a working backup of .VirtualBox/ to my
28 > home directory; still get the same message (inaccessible). I will try an
29 > older backup later.
30 >
31 > Thanks,
32 >
33 > --
34 > Valmor
37 I went back to a previous windows 7 VM backup and re-emerged VB without
38 the pulseaudio flag. All worked. I also installed AC'97 codecs driver in
39 the windows 7 VM and got sound working. Interesting that the VM got
40 corrupted when VB was emerged with the pulseaudio USE flag.
43 Valmor
47 [snip]