From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Does Firefox call Google?
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2009 22:24:25
1 On Tuesday 22 September 2009, Grant wrote:
2 > I have a remote system on which shorewall blocks all outgoing 80/443
3 > traffic except for 1 destination IP. I noticed that whenever someone
4 > logs in to an xfce4 session on that system, I see a bunch of rejected
5 > 80/443 requests from that system to various Google IPs from throughout
6 > their session. Does Firefox periodically make Google requests for
7 > some reason? The person logging in says they aren't attempting to
8 > access Google, and the home page is not set to go there. Does anyone
9 > know why this might be happening?
10 >
11 > - Grant
12
13 It may have something to do with the default search engine in FF's drop down
14 search field.
17 Regards,
18 Mick