From: Abhay Kedia <abhay.ilugd@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] How to compile 64bit Gentoo on a 32bit system?
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2006 21:37:49
1 Hello Everyone,
2
3 I have a EM64T enabled processor but currently running x86 install. Now I
4 would like to install 64bit Gentoo on this system but since this is the only
5 PC that I have, it is indispensable for me. I can't put it in command line
6 mode or run it on a live CD for 3-4 days and allow it to compile 64 bit
7 Gentoo. So now what are the options for me?
8
9 Is there anyway that I can enable 64bit emulation on this system, undertake
10 the whole compiling process and then move to the new environment? It does
11 sound silly but just hoping if someone actually accomplished something like
12 this. Any ideas or pointers/links will be really helpful.
13 TIA
14
15 Regards,
16 Abhay