From: Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
To: Gentoo Users List <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] How do I get larger fonts in X ?
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2005 05:48:52
1 I'm running Gentoo (of course) with Blackbox as my WM. I got a
2 digital camera several weeks ago, and am now playing around with
3 2590 x 1920 sized images in Gimp. My monitor can't go quite *THAT*
4 high, but 1600 x 1200 (for that matter 1560 x 1170) is large enough
5 for Gimp to display its toolbox menu plus an image window at 50%
6 (1280 x 960) without any overlapping.
7
8 My only complaint is that I can barely see the fonts at that
9 resolution. I normally run at 1152 x 864 on a 19" CRT. I'd prefer to
10 switch my web-browsing, etc to 1560 x 1170, but I simply can't read
11 the text. For the time-being, I've created a second user account for
12 myself. waltdnes (my regular account) surfs the web at 1152 x 864 on
13 display :0, and user2 (how original) works with Gimp at 1560 x 1170 on
14 display :1.
15
16 How do I boost font size across the board so I can surf the web, and
17 do spreadsheets, etc without having to squint at higher resolutions ?
20 Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
21 My musings on technology and security at http://tech_sec.blog.ca
22 --
23 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list