From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Silly colours in drop-down menus
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2017 16:54:45
1 Peter Humphrey wrote:
2 > Hello list,
3 >
4 > Recently I've been plagued with KDE's (or plasma's) silly rendering of drop-
5 > down lists in dialogue boxes. It happens on the desktop, in Firefox, Chrome
6 > and Seamonkey but not in KMail.
7 >
8 > The problem is white text on a pale grey background. I can just about make
9 > it out with a large magnifying glass, provided I know where to look.
10 > Otherwise I just can't see anything.
11 >
12 > Can anyone suggest what might be wrong? I've searched through all the
13 > settings I can find, with no luck.
16 My eyes aren't great today so I hope this makes sense. I think this is
17 what you need to adjust. I'm not sure since it was a while ago that I
18 ran into something like this. Click the K menu thingy, then settings
19 and then QT Configuration Tool. That is one place.
20
21 If that doesn't help, here's another place. In the System Settings
22 menu, look under Appearance and then select Application Style. On the
23 left there should be a Gnome Application Style tab like thing. I
24 adjusted the GTK2 and GTK3 themes to change some programs.
25
26 I can't recall for sure which one does what. I'm sort of leaning toward
27 the last one. May want to try it first. I don't think you have to
28 logout for them to go into affect. My GTK2 is set to Releigh and GTK3
29 is set to Breeze. That may be a starting point at least. You may want
30 to check some other setting in the other tabs too.
31
32 Hope that makes sense and helps.
33
34 Dale