From: Daniel Frey <djqfrey@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] gentoo rocks
Date: Sat, 20 May 2017 14:18:49
1 On 05/20/2017 04:45 AM, Philip Webb wrote:
2 > 170519 Ian Zimmerman wrote:
3 >> It's about one year now since I locked myself in my room for a month
4 >> and installed Gentoo :-)
5 >> It has been an interesting and sometimes rough ride,
6 >> but I learned many things along the way, and I got what I wanted :
7 >> a desktop GNU/Linux that just does the things I want it to
8 >> without stupid frills.
9 >
10 > Back in autumn 2003, I had built my 2nd machine & planned to install Mandrake,
11
12 That's about the time I started using gentoo as well. I think the first
13 time I wound up reinstalling once, although I don't remember why.
14
15 Dan