From: Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Broken binary and revdep-rebuild doesn't find it.
Date: Wed, 01 Apr 2009 01:06:43
1 Dan Wallis wrote:
2 > On 09/03/2009, Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.de> wrote:
3 >> realnc@gentoo ~ $ ldd /usr/lib64/NX/bin/* | grep "not found"
4 >> libXcomp.so.3 => not found
5 >> libXcompext.so.3 => not found
6 >> libXcompshad.so.3 => not found
7 >> libXcomp.so.3 => not found
8 >>
9 >> So today's update of glibc seems to have broken those binaries.
10 >> However, running revdep-rebuilt doesn't find the breakage:
11 >>
12 >> "* Dynamic linking on your system is consistent... All done."
13 >
14 > Which package owns those files?
15 > Run "equery belongs $file" on each of them to find out.
16
17 All of them belong to net-misc/nx-3.3.0-r1.
20 > You might also like to try "emerge --depclean"; I recommend running
21 > that with --pretend first though, and checking the list.
22
23 I keep my world file clean and do a depclean on a regular basis.
26 > I hope that helps (and that it's not too late). :)
27
28 The package works (it's a dependency of the x2go client). But the ldd
29 (and prelink) errors are still there.