From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] two(related?) sound problems
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2005 22:54:39
1 On 8/30/05, maxim wexler <blissfix@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > Hello everybody,
3 >
4 > From the boot console:
5 >
6 > * Restoring Mixer Levels
7 > /usr/sbin/alsactl: set_control:994: bad
8 > control.7.value type
9 > No state is present for card UART !!!
10
11 This says that the /etc/asound.state file is not correct for the
12 hardware in the system. Remove it by hand, run alsamixer by hand, then
13 do an alsactl store. Hopefully that will get it fixed for you.
14
15 If that doesn't work then post back stuff like lsmod,
16 /proc/asound/cards , etc. and we'll get it going.
17
18 cheers,
19 Mark
20
21 PS - I'm trying to get my new AMD64 going now. Problems with LVM2....
22 (me=newbie!)
25 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list