From: Alecks Gates <alecks.g@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Gnome 3 + Online Accounts
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2012 18:49:17
1 On Wed, 2012-02-22 at 12:00 -0600, Carlos Sura wrote:
2
3 > Hello,
7 > I am using now Gnome 3, and I found very intesting and useful the
8 > option for "online accounts" however, I would like to add my Google
9 > account, but I just can't. I've been searching thru Google and Gentoo
10 > Forums on how to fix the error I am getting, but I have not found any
11 > useful or any fix yet. I want to know if any of you has suceffuly
12 > added a Google account or isn't working at all on Gentoo? Since, I
13 > tried on Fedora and seems to be working cool.
18 > Here is the picture of the error I am getting when I try to add my
19 > account: http://img715.imageshack.us/img715/4636/errorty.jpg
22 > I am using ~AM64, and I've set the gnome-desktop profile (as in the
23 > Gentoo Forum suggested)
28 > Is there something missing?
31 > Thanks.
35 > --
36 >
37 > Carlos Sura.-
38 > www.carlossura.com
42 I have it working properly, but since I set up 2-step verification (and
43 the Authenticator app on Android) I had to make some individual
44 passwords for some of the applications... basically here's a list of the
45 passwords I had to set up:
46 Gentoo laptop Empathy
47 Gentoo laptop Evolution mail
48 Gentoo laptop Evolution
49 Gentoo laptop Evolution calendar
50
51 For Google Chat and Gmail,calendar etc.
52
53 I don't know if this helps, but I figured it might be useful for someone
54 eventually.
55
56 Alecks