From: Kristian Niemi <kristian.niemi@××××××××.fi>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Strange consolefont error
Date: Sun, 05 Dec 2004 10:29:04
1 Every now and then I get the following error on bootup:
2 putfont: PIO_FONT: Invalid argument
3 In effect, (/etc/init.d/)consolefont fails to start properly. I have to
4 restart it manually -- and if I do, it works just fine (i.e. it changes
5 the font).
6
7 What makes it strange, in my opinion, is the `every now and then'-part.
8 This error doesn't occur every time; that is, sometimes consolefont
9 starts up just fine, no error messages, font changed.
10
11 Is this some kind of bug -- if so, what exactly, do you think, is
12 `buggy'? Or might it just be some setting somewhere that might be set up
13 properly?
14
15 This is my font-settings in /etc/rc.conf:
16 KEYMAP="sv-latin1"
17 EXTENDED_KEYMAPS=
18 CONSOLEFONT="iso01.14"
19 CONSOLETRANSLATION="8859-1_to_uni"