From: nunojsilva@×××××××.pt
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: KDE update puzzle
Date: Sat, 18 Sep 2021 21:38:52
1 On 2021-09-18, Philip Webb wrote:
2
3 > It mb that I have to remove the whole of the present versions
4 > in order to (re-)install the new ones ; it usually happens with Qt.
5 > I've never understood why Portage can't handle that itself.
6
7 Portage might be able to handle this automatically if you upgrade @world
8 directly, but if you only ask to upgrade specific packages (the case
9 here?), you may be leaving out some package which needs to be upgraded
10 at the same time.
11
12 If that is the problem, solving it is probably a matter of identifying
13 packages which are not being upgraded and that depend on currently
14 installed versions of packages that will be upgraded. The output you
15 have included in the message I'm replying to is, unfortunately, not
16 enough - unless I'm misreading, I think it only says that:
17
18 - kcrash needs to be upgraded to allow the kcoreaddons upgrade, and
19
20 - kglobalaccel needs to be upgraded to allow kconfig, kwindowsystem,
21 kdbusaddon and kcrash upgrades
22
23 But these two are already part of your emerge command, so there is
24 possibly something else that is not in this list. Could you please share
25 the output with --verbose-conflicts?
28 Nuno Silva