From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] gparted - safe on NTFS hardware RAID?
Date: Sat, 06 Dec 2008 18:13:44
1 On Sat, Dec 6, 2008 at 9:53 AM, Robert Bridge <robert@××××××××.com> wrote:
2 > On Sat, 6 Dec 2008 09:25:01 -0800
3 > "Mark Knecht" <markknecht@×××××.com> wrote:
4 >
5 >> Anyone have any knowledge about this? Would it be mostly an issue of
6 >> finding a Linux driver for the hardware card or does it work at all?
7 >
8 > If it is genuine hardware RAID linux should just see it as a single
9 > device, so that should not be a problem as I understand it.
10 >
11 > RobbieAB
14 Yes, this is consistent with what I'm reading, and I believe both
15 RAIDs are hardware RAID. One is RAID-5, the other is RAID-0 or 1, not
16 sure which. I'll check later.
17
18 Thanks,
19 Mark