From: Christoph Eckert <ce@×××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] USE flags, command line and packages.use
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2005 22:38:08
1 Hi,
4 > You are lucky this problem looked interesting to me! ;->
5
6 I'm also lucky it did ;-) .
7
8 > Here is a script that will:
9 >
10 > 1. Scan the package database
11 > 2. Examine the USE flags from when packages were merged, the USE
12 > flags that the package knows about, and the current global USE flags.
13 > 3. Output package names and the use flag settings that need to be in
14 > /etc/portage/package.use to account for the difference between the
15 > global flags and what was in effect when the package was merged.
16 >
17 > Save it as mkpkguse.sh and run it with "sh mkpkguse.sh".
18
19 thanks a bunch for sharing. That's really nice of you!
20
21 > Disclaimer: I think this works correctly, but I don't guarantee
22 > anything.  If it breaks, you get to keep the pieces.
23
24 I promise I will not complain if it wipes my hard drive :) .
27 Thanks & best regards
30 ce
33 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list