From: Neil Walker <neil@×××××××.nu>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] External ISDN modem
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2008 21:56:50
1 Grant wrote:
2 > Has anyone used an external ISDN modem with Gentoo?
3
4 Yep. I used USR Courier IModems (both internal and external) to run a
5 BBS for a few years. Originally, I used OS/2 but I switched to Gentoo
6 Linux eventually.
7 > I see there are a couple articles about setting up ISDN but they seem to be for internal
8 > cards. This device uses USB, ethernet, or serial. Just wondering if it might be a big task or not.
9
10 The IModems were serial only but trivial to set up - exactly the same as
11 any serial modem. Given your options, I would almost certainly go for
12 ethernet. Whatever you choose, I can't see huge problems - more trial
13 and error. ;)
19 This message has been scanned for viruses and
20 dangerous content by MailScanner, and is
21 believed to be clean.
25 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list