From: "J. Roeleveld" <joost@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Scanning double sided documents and printing them the same.
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2020 09:28:12
1 On Thursday, December 10, 2020 1:09:29 AM CET Dale wrote:
2 > Howdy,
3 >
4 > I have a flatbed scanner. It's a old HP 4570. I been using Skanlite to
5 > scan pictures etc and it does a great job. On occasion tho I have a
6 > double sided document. I know how to scan them, scan one side, flip
7 > over and scan the back. That's easy enough. How do I print them the
8 > same way tho? Sometimes I use it like a copying machine basically.
9 > Scan in, then print. I'm not quite sure how to print the double sided
10 > stuff in one go tho.
11 >
12 > If someone does the same as me, can you share how you print them two
13 > sided? My printer is duplex so I just need to import both sides and
14 > tell it to print. I'm just not sure what software does that and makes
15 > it easy.
16 >
17 > Thoughts??
18 >
19 > Dale
20 >
21 > :_) :-)
22
23 My old printer/scanner can scan directly to PDF using the sheetfeeder.
24 For double-sided, I always ended up with 1 PDF with odd-pages and 1 with even.
25
26 There used to be tools available (python-old) that could shuffle these
27 together and merge them into a single PDF, which would allow for easy reading/
28 printing.
29
30 Currently, I would have to manually convert these to single-pages and then
31 merge them, again, manually.
32
33 This is the downside of single-sided sheetfeeders.
34
35 If you do the scans manually (eg. no sheetfeeders) you should be able to get
36 them all in the correct order in a PDF. The PDF can then be printed double-
37 sided and you get them the same way. (Just scan them "dummy-mode" and add
38 white-pages when the back of the sheet is white)
41 Joost