From: Trenton Adams <trenton.d.adams@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] package conflict on update
Date: Fri, 06 Jan 2006 00:01:23
1 Oh, and one other thing. This should also be done for packages that
2 get moved to different categories, because I've been getting errors
3 like the following lately...
4
5 Calculating world dependencies |
6 emerge: there are no ebuilds to satisfy ">=dev-perl/PodParser-1.22".
7 (dependency required by "mail-filter/spamassassin-3.1.0" [binary])
8
9 In this case, this simply means that dev-perl/PodParser has moved to a
10 different category, and the old spamassassin binary package couldn't
11 find it anymore, because it only knows about the PodParser in the old
12 category, not the new category. I checked the xorg-x11 ebuild, and it
13 was fine. It was the binary that still had problems, so I had to
14 re-merge it without --usepkg. If I recall correctly, I also would
15 have had to remove the file "/var/cache/edb/remote_metadata.pickle",
16 but I started using NFS for my portage instead. That file has
17 information about packages, and their dependencies, so I looked in it,
18 and it had the wrong information. It had the "dev-perl/PodParser"
19 info, instead of the "perl-core/PodParser" info.
20