From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: libxml2 conflicts
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2016 17:35:06
1 On Wed, 13 Jan 2016 17:24:21 +0000 (UTC), James wrote:
2
3 > > I use a directory for package.use, then autounmask puts its entries in
4 > > the last file in there, so I have a file called zzz-autounmask. It's
5 > > pretty easy to clean up, just delete/move it and run emerge -u <at>
6 > > world again and it will be repopulated with any settings that are
7 > > still needed.
10 > OK, I'll give this a spin. One questions, where to move/name the
11 > traditional flag settings I have in the top of the old file, here are a
12 > few for clarity::
13 >
14 > media-sound/hydrogen portaudio
15 > dev-util/valgrind mpi
16 > net-irc/quassel webkit
17 > app-portage/layman sync-plugin-portage subversion
18 > net-wireless/kismet -bluetooth
19 > net-libs/libpcap -bluetooth
20 > sci-libs/hdf5 -cxx examples -fortran threads zlib mpi
23 > Two file, zzz-autounmaks for it's entris and just place those above in
24 > this file::/etc/portage/package.use/package.use?
25 >
26 > And both get properly parsed by emerge updates?
27 >
28 Exactly. When package.* is a directory, portage treats all of its
29 contents as a single file, in lexical order. Look at the description
30 for /etc/portage/ in the portage man page.
34 Neil Bothwick
35
36 Accordion: a bagpipe with pleats.