From: David Rioja <rams@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] ssh configuration guide
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2008 07:36:08
1 Andrey Falko escribió:
2 > On Thu, Oct 9, 2008 at 1:06 AM, David Rioja <rams@×××××××××××.com> wrote:
3 >
4 >> This is my very first post to the list, so hello you all :)
5 >>
6 >> I've been editing /etc/ssh/sshd_config in order to configure SSH as told in
7 >> the guide at gentoo.org. The options you have to set for a quick start
8 >> configuration are:
9 >>
10 >> Port 22
11 >> Protocol 2
12 >> ServerKeyBits 2048
13 >> SyslogFacility AUTH
14 >> LogLevel INFO
15 >> LoginGraceTime 60
16 >> PermitRootLogin no
17 >> RSAAuthentication no
18 >> PubkeyAuthentication yes
19 >> PasswordAuthentication no
20 >> PermitEmptyPasswords no
21 >> PAMAuthenticationViaKbdInt no
22 >> Compression yes
23 >> KeepAlive yes
24 >> ClientAliveInterval 30
25 >> ClientAliveCountMax 4
28 >> I have encountered two issues in that:
29 >>
30 >> 1.- When restarting the sshd service you are told PMAAuthenticationViaKbdInt
31 >> is deprecated.
32 >>
33 >> 2.- KeepAlive is not commented in the default configuration file, there is
34 >> TCPKeepAlive instead. I suppose same options are the same. Could anyone
35 >> confim that?
36 >>
37 >> Thanks!
42 > If you want are truely quick start configuration, you should use the
43 > defaults that get installed after you install ssh. Basically, thost
44 > default will give you a working ssh that is secure and that is more
45 > than likely to work out of box.
46 >
47 > I'm not sure which Gentoo quickstart guide you are following, but it
48 > is an out of date guide. I recommend emerge -1 openssh, then running
49 > etc-update and applying the default configuration. Your goal is to get
50 > a basic working ssh daemon, right?
55 Yes, I wanted only make it work over the lan. Default options seemed not
56 to work when I tried, perhaps I forgot to start the service... who
57 knows? :-/
58
59 By the way, besides unabling ssh access for root, I is not a good idea
60 enabling KeepAlive? So won't be great problems if anyone go away leaving
61 his session active. Am I mistaken?