From: Marc Blumentritt <marc.blumentritt@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Problem with compiling kernel
Date: Tue, 12 May 2009 19:01:32
1 Arnau Bria schrieb:
2 >> hive linux # make && make modules_install && make
3 > just one question about your compiling command, why make && ... && make?
4 > I just do make all && make modules_install ...
7 I used this command only to show the problem I have. I have a special
8 setup, where I place nearly the complete root file system inside the
9 kernel image (only /usr is added via a squashfs mount). I use for this
10 the kernel option "General setup -> (/path/to/my/files) Initramfs source
11 file(s)". When I change the source files, I have to recompile the kernel
12 (just running make) to include the changes inside the kernel. This has
13 worked up until last week.
14
15 Now I always get the error I reported in my first email.
16
17 Regards,
18 Marc