From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] coldplug vs hotplug vs udev
Date: Wed, 05 Sep 2007 16:12:28
1 Hello,
2
3 googling around I do not seem to be able to reconcile the current state of
4 affairs. Should we still be using coldplug or hotplug or has udev
5 robustly replaced cold and hotplug?
8 Now on an old i586 (K-6 amd) firewall, that has iptables
9 and not much else installed. should I still use cold/hot plug?
10 I use to add cold/hot plug to the startup scripts (rc-update)
11 to the defautl run level, but, I not so certain that's a good
12 idea, necessary or may just be another (potential) security risk
13 on a minimal firewall....
14
15 The latest udev?
18 An explanation combined with a recommendation would be keen.....
21 James
26 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list