From: David Relson <relson@×××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Building all packages except gcc
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2007 01:00:24
1 On Mon, 19 Nov 2007 01:19:06 +0200
2 ~/Timur Aydin wrote:
3
4 > Hello,
5 >
6 > How would I go about rebuilding all installed packages, except gcc? I
7 > suppose I could do "emerge --emptytree world", but that would also
8 > merge gcc, which I don't want, because I want to be sure that the
9 > whole system is rebuilt with the same compiler.
10 >
11 > Any help is appreciated...
12 >
13 > --
14 > Timur Aydin
15
16 I'm not an emerge expert but perhaps the following idea will be helpful:
17
18 /var/lib/world has a (partial) list of installed packages. You could
19 do something like:
20
21 cat /var/lib/world | grep -v /gcc$ | xargs emerge
22
23 which would emerge all the packages (except for gcc). You could add
24 flags "-d" to include dependent packages as well. Of course
25 dependencies would bring in some packages multiple times, so you might
26 want to use sort and uniq, which leads to:
27
28 cat cat /var/lib/world | \
29 grep -v /gcc$ | \
30 xargs emerge -d -p | \
31 sort -u | \
32 xargs emerge
33
34 Hope this idea helps towards a solution for you!
35
36 Regards,
37
38 David