From: Volker Armin Hemmann <volker.armin.hemmann@××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] DVD recorder recommendations
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2005 13:47:15
1 On Friday 19 August 2005 06:23, Kevin O'Gorman wrote:
2 > It's time for me to get a DVD recorder for this system, so I went to Best
3 > Buy, and started reading the boxes. Every single one states that Windows
4 > in some form is a requirement. Surely this is FUD, right? Nevertheless,
5 > with memories of winmodems and winprinters, I fear to take the leap.
6 >
7 > What's the real state of things? Can I use any of them? All of them?
8 > What?
11 hi,
12
13 dvd-recorders are atapi-devices - you can use it with any os that supports
14 atapi.. and linux is one of them.
15
16 For the burners:
17
18 ct had a big test some time ago.
19
20 The NEC burner was not the fastest, but one with the best results, while LG
21 and some others, burnt a lot of crap... of the worst kind - the dvd was
22 written, and seemed to work more or less fine, but there were a lot of
23 errors.
26 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list