From: Alex Schuster <wonko@×××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Disable fcron logging
Date: Sun, 22 Aug 2010 21:40:44
1 Stroller writes:
2
3 > The script with which you reply is missing the sleep 60 loop.
4
5 No, it's only the script that outputs the drive's state. It's called by
6 ~/.kde4/Autostart/hdstate:
7
8 #!/bin/bash
9
10 while :
11 do
12 /usr/local/sbin/hdstate >> ~/log/hdstate.log
13 sleep 10
14 done
15
16 > Running a script which contains `while true ... sleep 60` will cause
17 > only a single logging action. You can run it as root at startup using /
18 > etc/conf.d/local.start and have the file world readable.
19
20 Yeah, local.start woudl also be a good idea, without the need to setuid
21 things. Maybe I'll change this.
22
23 BTW, my two additional drives spin up when I log into KDE. Weird, they are
24 not even mounted.
25
26 Wonko