From: Allan Gottlieb <gottlieb@×××.edu>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] the nsplugin use flag
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2007 03:29:32
1 At Sun, 22 Jul 2007 09:27:09 +0200 Dirk Heinrichs <dirk.heinrichs@××××××.de> wrote:
2
3 > Am Samstag, 21. Juli 2007 schrieb Allan Gottlieb:
4 >
5 >> echo "dev-java/blackdown-jre nsplugin" >>
6 >> /etc/make.profile/package.use.mask echo "dev-java/blackdown-jdk nsplugin"
7 >> >> /etc/make.profile/package.use.mask echo "dev-java/blackdown-java3d-bin
8 >> nsplugin" >> /etc/make.profile/package.use.mask
9 >
10 > No. /etc/make.profile is a softlink into the portage tree. What ever you
11 > change there will be overwritten when you sync the tree next time. The
12 > correct file is /etc/portage/package.use and the entry should be
13 >
14 > dev-java/blackdown-jdk -nsplugin
15 >
16 > And, this is only needed when you use this package. As long as it's not
17 > installed on your system, you don't even need to worry.
18
19 Thank you. I was fooled by "man portage", but I should have know
20 better. That is, I knew full well, but forgot, that /usr/profile is
21 temporary and that user changes should be make in /etc/portage.
22 Should I file a bug with proposed extra words for the beginning of the
23 "portage" man page?
24
25 thanks again,
26 allan