From: Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] from Firefox52: NO pure ALSA?, WAS: Firefox 49.0 & Youtube... Audio: No
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2016 21:02:54
1 On Sun, Dec 18, 2016 at 02:39:58AM -0500, Tom H wrote
2 > On Sat, Dec 17, 2016 at 12:55 AM, Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org> wrote:
3 >
4 > > Similarly, the vast majority of home users have a machine with one
5 > > ethernet port, and in the past it's always been eth0. Now the name
6 > > varies in each machine depending on the motherboard layout; oogabooga11?
7 > > foobar42? It may be static, but you don't know what it'll be, without
8 > > first booting the machine. In a truly Orwellian twist, this "feature"
9 > > is referred to as "Predictable" Network Interface Names. It only makes
10 > > things easier for corporate machines acting as gateways/routers, with
11 > > multiple ports. Again, the average home user is being jerked around for
12 > > a corporate agenda.
13 >
14 > Do "regular" home users know the name of the NIC that they're using?!
15
16 I meant the "regular" home users of linux, e.g. people in this forum.
19 Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
20 I don't run "desktop environments"; I run useful applications