From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How do I mount a compact flash?
Date: Thu, 04 May 2006 20:23:05
1 On 04/05/06, Daniel da Veiga <danieldaveiga@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > On 5/4/06, K. Mike Bradley <kmb@××××××××.com> wrote:
6 > > How do I mount a compact flash?
7 >
8 > You get the device that is created by looking at the "dmesg" output
9 > after you plugin the flash. I'm assuming you have all options set in
10 > your kernel the right way.
11 >
12 > After that, you mount it normally. Mine can only be mounted using the
13 > first (and only) partition, so if, for example, /dev/sda doesn't work,
14 > try /dev/sda1.
15
16 Don't forget to enter in your /etc/fstab:
18 /dev/sda /mnt/flash auto,vfat,msdos
19 noauto,user,noatime 0 0
21 or replace /dev/sda with /dev/sda1, if your CF has been partitioned
22 (some manufacturers format their CFs as a large MSDOS floppy).
23 --
24 Regards,
25 Mick
28 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list