From: Steve Wilson <steve+gentoo_users@×××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] apache blocking access based country
Date: Wed, 09 Dec 2020 00:26:09
1 On 09/12/2020 00:01, Grant Taylor wrote:
2 > On 12/8/20 4:44 PM, Steve Wilson wrote:
3 >> I use this as the first step to limit ssh access to one of my
4 >> servers: `iptables -A INPUT -p tcp -m tcp --dport 22 -m geoip !
5 >> --src-cc GB -m comment --comment "Drop SSH from outside GB" -j DROP`
6 >
7 > Has the geoip match extension been updated to take into account
8 > MaxMind discontinuing their GeoLite database and the need to support
9 > GeoLite2?
10 >
11 The xt_geoip_dl script grabs a csv from
12 https://db-ip.com/db/download/ip-to-country-lite. I imagine there's a
13 method for dealing with maxmind's new version and converting to csv if
14 they don't already provide one for the paid service.
15
16 Steve