From: Rumen Yotov <rumen@××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] openssl certificates generation under gentoo
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2007 08:00:11
1 On Thu, 29 Mar 2007 15:44:20 +0800
2 "Buffalo Dickens" <zwmaillist@×××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > Hi all! I am not familiar with openssl at all. Here I got a problem.
5 > My Windows 2003 can not (or I can not) accomplish the task of
6 > generating a private key file and a csr file. That holds up my
7 > process of going on with authentication between it and other host
8 > servers.
9 >
10 > I wonder if gentoo linux is able to help finish this step for Win? I
11 > mean, using openssl under gentoo to generate a whole set of private
12 > key and certificate and transferring them to Win host for its use. I
13 > do not know whether that is feasible. Any suggestion will be
14 > appreciated! Thank you!
15 >
16 Hi,
17
18 IMO any linux can do this, you only need openssl (which is BTW also
19 available for Windows, IIRC).
20 Google for the concrete commands (generate a self-signed certificate).
21 Or better try "openca.org" to do the work for you ;)
22 HTH. Rumen
23 --
24 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list