From: reader@×××××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: [OT vmware] Installing vmware-toolbox
Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2007 02:10:53
1 Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com> writes:
2
3 > On Friday 26 January 2007 17:37, reader@×××××××.com wrote:
4 >> "Richard Fish" <bigfish@××××××××××.org> writes:
5 >> > On 1/26/07, Richard Fish <bigfish@××××××××××.org> wrote:
6 >> >> Why not just "emerge =app-emulationvmware-workstation-tools-VERSION"
7 >> >
8 >> > Pfft, missed a '/'....should be:
9 >> > =app-emulation/vmware-workstation-tools-VERSION
10 >>
11 >> I wasn't sure what that was... thought it would be for vmware the
12 >> other way round with gentoo as host.
13 >>
14 >> It turned out I was able to get it installed painlessly by creating a heard
15 >> of sysv style runlevel directories in /etc/init.d
16 >
17 > wow! That sounds like something I *definitely* don't know how to do . . . any
18 > chance for a how to if you get a chance? A wiki article would of course be
19 > even better. :-)
20
21 http://gentoovm.blogspot.com/2006/03/install-vmware-tools-in-gentoo-vm.html
24 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list