From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Wrong domain in e-mail failure messages
Date: Sun, 11 Oct 2015 11:11:21
1 Hello list,
2
3 I've just received a delivery failure message from my ISP, zen.co.uk, saying
4 it couldn't deliver an e-mail I'd sent. There's only one thing wrong (apart
5 from the reason for the failure, which is out of my control). It's shown in
6 the second line of the failure notice:
7
8 Received: from [xx.xx.xx.xx] (helo=wstn.localnet)
9
10 I've bowdlerised the IP, and wstn is the name of this box, but where did it
11 get localnet from? I've grepped /etc for it, and I've searched my home
12 directory tree for it. Both searches turned up empty.
13
14 I use KMail, which is set up to send all outgoing mail directly to my ISP via
15 SMTP; no other box is involved. And I hope my ADSL router isn't interfering.
16
17 My head's getting sore from being scratched. Has anyone a clue for me?
20 Rgds
21 Peter