From: covici@××××××××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] problem with lilo and one of my kernels
Date: Sat, 22 Dec 2012 10:41:34
1 Hi. Today on one of my test kernels where I am using git bisect to find
2 a bug, I got the following when running lilo:
3 Boot image: /boot/vmlinuz-3.6.0-rc4-00011-g2273929-dirty
4 Fatal: Setup length exceeds 63 maximum; kernel setup will overwrite boot
5 loader
6
7 I looked and there is a bug on gentoo, but it says the problem is fixed,
8 but I have sys-boot/lilo-23.2-r2 andthe problem persists.
9
10 Is my setup really too large and if so, how do I make it smaller, or is
11 there an alternative to boot my kernels which does not have this
12 problem?
13
14 Thanks in advance for any ideas you might have.
17 Your life is like a penny. You're going to lose it. The question is:
18 How do
19 you spend it?
20
21 John Covici