From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] webcdwriter
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2005 15:34:17
1 On Thu, 25 Aug 2005 11:50:03 +0000, patrick.marquetecken@×××××××.be wrote:
2
3 > Because my server is the only computer with a dvd writer i was thinking
4 > of installing webcdwriter. My server doesn't have Xorg installed on it,
5 > so when i do a emerge -pv i get a huge list, even with -X -gnome and so
6 > on in my use settings. Is there a way to install this without all
7 > these ?
8
9 There is, because I just tried "merge webcdwriter -pv" on my server and
10 no X related packages came up.
11
12 Try "emerge webcdwriter -tv" to see what is pulling in X, it is probably
13 a USE flag on one of the dependencies. For example, lame uses the gtk
14 flag, which will pull in X.
18 Neil Bothwick
19
20 "Mr. Worf, scan that ship." "Aye Captain. 300 dpi?"