From: sebasmagri@×××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Portage wants KDE4, I don't
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2008 13:32:31
1 On Tue, Nov 25, 2008 at 03:18:11PM +0200, Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
2 > Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
3 >> I decided to give portage 2.1.6_rc1 a try. Now it wants to upgrade my
4 >> KDE3 to KDE4. I never unmasked or keyworded any KDE4 stuff. Any options
5 >> other than removing portage 2.1.6_rc1 again?
6 >
7 > On a similar note, what's the justification of having KDE4 in the same tree
8 > as KDE3? It's a different package altogether. It would have made more
9 > sense to have them in "kde4-base/*" etc.
10 >
11 Hi!
12
13 kde3 and kde4 are slotted, so I don't think it's necessary to have
14 just-another-category for kde4... At last, kde4 is kde too...
15 in any case kde4 is willing to be installed without removing kde3...
16
17 From my point of view it's impossible that portage upgrades kde3 to
18 kde4, if you really never unmasked or keyworded any kde stuff, then it's
19 in the ~arch tree and it would not be installable for you rigth now...
20 Portage do what you want it to do... Give a deep look to your portage
21 configuration files and fill a bug if there is really a portage issue...