From: YoYo Siska <yoyo@××××××.sk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Listing partition labels
Date: Tue, 02 Aug 2011 10:02:13
1 On Tue, Aug 02, 2011 at 10:12:33AM +0800, Andrew Lowe wrote:
2 > Greetings all,
3 > I'm probably in the situation where I can't see the wood for the trees
4 > so a bit of help would be appreciated. I've decided to go the LABEL
5 > route in fstab and have set the labels on my partitions a few days ago.
6 > I now want to update fstab but can't remember the names. I can't find a
7 > command that will list the partitions and the names I've given them. I'm
8 > sure fdisk does not list them when I do just "fdisk" at the command
9 > prompt, but then again as I said above, I think I'm in the wood/forest
10 > mode at the moment. Any idea on the command?
11 >
12 > Any thoughts greatly appreciated,
13 > Andrew
14
15 Others have replied with possible options, here is another one, maybe
16 the easiest one that shows all the labels/uuids at once ;)
19 ls -l /dev/disk/by-label/
20
21 and
22