From: "Bo Ørsted Andresen" <bo.andresen@××××.dk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] emerge mod_security: ERROR 404: Not Found.
Date: Sat, 24 Jun 2006 18:35:19
1 On Saturday 24 June 2006 18:51, Jarry wrote:
2 > Anyway, I am still surprised a little. I thought sources
3 > of portage-packages are mirrored on gentoo-mirrors...
4
5 They are. If the package has just been added to the tree they may not have
6 reached your mirror yet. If that is not the reason then it is probably a bug.
7 The official mirror should be in the ebuild to tell the mirrors where to
8 fetch it from and as a backup if it cannot be found on the Gentoo mirrors.
9
10 > It seems to me to be a little "insecure", to download
11 > mod_security from somewhere "from wild" instead of
12 > gentoo-mirrors or homepage. One can not be sure those
13 > sources have not been modified...
14
15 As long as you don't override a digest verification error you are safe. Beware
16 of those who tell you to override a digest verification error by running:
17
18 # ebuild $ebuild digest
19
20 or: