From: Iain Buchanan <iaindb@××××××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] font problems across apps
Date: Fri, 07 Apr 2006 00:08:38
1 Hi all,
2
3 I am having some strange font issues - first in Javas applets in
4 firefox, and now in evolution.
5
6 Every time I enter a tab in evolution, I see a small square box, and
7 then the tabspace.
8
9 In java I see these little square boxes all over java applets, which
10 pushes the text out of place and makes them look very messy.
11
12 I seem to be able to get around it by changing my font preferences
13 (gnome) for the "Fixed width font". Just about any font has the little
14 boxes, except a few weired ones like "Blippo Heavy" and "Bodoni" and
15 such.
16
17 I would expect that a simple font like "Monospace" would be ok, but its
18 not...
19
20 I don't know where to start with this... any hints?
24 I am not an Economist. I am an honest man!
25 -- Paul McCracken
28 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list