From: Iain Buchanan <iaindb@××××××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] usblp & video camera don't hotplug (any more)
Date: Wed, 17 May 2006 12:21:42
1 I shelved my firewire video camera for a while, and pulled it out
2 yesterday to do some archiving from tape to DVD. Last time I used it, I
3 loaded some ieee1394 modules (raw1394, etc), loaded kino and away it
4 went.
5
6 But now, I noticed that nothing recognises the camera unless it is
7 plugged in on boot. Same thing is happening with my usb printer,
8 although with the printer I can just load the right module and it works.
9 With the camera, I load all the modules I can think of (ieee1394,
10 dv1394, raw1394, ohci1394) but the camera is still not recognised.
11
12 I noticed that the /etc/init.d/hotplug init script has gone in favour of
13 udev (version 090, ~x86). How do I make udev recognise hotplugged
14 hardware?
15
16 can anyone help me? It's a pain to reboot every time I want to plug in
17 the camera!
18
19 thanks,
23 Perl 5 introduced everything else, including the ability to introduce
24 everything else.
25 -- Larry Wall in <199702252152.NAA28845@××××.org>
28 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list